Last year I posted my favourite features to work on during the 2018 so I would like to do the same with 2019. Here is a round-up of the posts which I loved writing the most in the last 12 months.
- Makeup4all turns 10 – here. How crazy is that? Makeup4all has been around since February 2009, and it is still going, and I still love writing about beauty and makeup.
- Victoria Beckham Beauty – here. I was very excited about the launch. In fact, I was refreshing the page to see if the product finally launched while I was at the wedding which says a lot. I’ve ordered two items I wanted straight away.
- Aromatherapy rolls round-up – here. I am obsessed with anything de-stressing and relaxing so I loved writing this feature, I hope you found it helpful, too.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge reviews: blushes and lipsticks. And primer. Yes, I am well aware that I’ve just included 3 posts but I do really love writing about Rouge Bunny Rouge, they are still among my top favourite brands and I am always excited to try their new launches and share with you. By the way, they very kindly offered my readers 20% off with the code RBR-BLOGQ4 until the 31st March 2020 (this is not affiliated in any way).
- My rose scented beauty products obsession continues here. I have even more now so better update it soon.
I love me a relaxing/anti-stress/calming/you-get-the-deal roller balls which I can carry in my bag. And today I want to share about three which I am currently using.
This is the most affordable one out of three, and it is my second tube of this gem. I also find that this is the strongest one out of them all. Origins suggest dabbing some on the back of your neck, temples and earlobes. And it has that instant calming and cooling effect thanks to the eucalyptus and peppermint. Some of my friends who were skeptical about it tried and were converted. Unfortunately, the roller ball was a LE and it comes in a little bottle which is not as convenient (I had it before).
While I did get it for the flights I have to
I often struggle falling asleep (and often relaxing in general) so have tried lots of products over the years and here is just a small selection of the things you may like and may find at least somewhat helpful.
Origins Peace of Mind On-the-spot Relief ( review) and Elemis Quiet Mind Temple Balm (review)
are very useful and handbag friendly products that can be handy not only when you are going to bed but also in a stressful situation to help you calm down.
Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle (review) and Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil (review) are my personal favourites. I am never without the oil, I use it in the bath and shower, as the name suggests and also use several drops on my pillow before going to bed (sometimes) and that really helps. As for the candle,
I suffer from horrible insomnia from time to time. There were times when I could lay in my bed trying to fall asleep, and no matter how tired I was, I just couldn’t until like 5 am or until the time I had to get up.
Thank God, everything is so much better now! Although when we get nervous, anxious and can’t fall asleep it’s clearly the problem in our head, there are some beauty products that can actually help in some way. Yes, these products can help but not solve the problem. But since we are talking about beauty here, solving the problem would be a whole different conversation.
So, as you have guessed by now, I want to talk about the “de-stress” beauty products.
Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Bath & Shower Oil, £37. This is a multi award winning product and I would really love to try it.
Espa Soothing Body Oil, £30. I read that this was recommended by Pat McGrath.
Elemis Quiet Mind Room Mist, £15. I wonder how strong the scent is. More about this product here.
Origins Peace of Mind On-the-spot relief, £ 11. I actually have and love this product. Review here.
So… Do you believe in the de-stress beauty products? How do they work for you? What products would you recommend?
So many of you asked me to do month favourites posts so I started doing them last mont with March Favourites. Today I will tell you about my April Favourites.
1. Inglot Eye Shadows
2. MAC lipstick in Blankety
It reminds me of YSL Rouge Volupte #2 and I am talking about the shade, not quality. You can read my review and see the lip swatches here.
3. Too Faced Pink Leopard Highlighting Bronzer and Sun Bunny Bronzer
Although I have them in the palette which was a LE for holiday I can’t say that I use those shadows a lot but I really love the bronzers and you can read my review and see the swatches here.
4. Urban Decay 24/7 Liners in Zero (black) and Bourbon (brown with golden glitter).
I love mini eye liners and I try to buy mini versions when they are available because even mini versions last forever and I can get more shades with the same sum of money. I have several shades of 24/7 liners both mini version and original size and this month I was using these 2 shades a lot. The liners are really great: soft, pigmented and they last for a long time. Plus you can get a lot of differnet colours. I will write a detailed review in the future.
5. Benefit’s Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liners in Busy Signal