I shared about these gorgeous lipsticks over at my Insta ages ago so here is finally an in-depth feature.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Tinted Luxe Balm ENCHANTING BLOOMS are gorgeous tinted balms for lipstick-phones. You get a juicy and glossy hint of colour and the comfortable moisturising and hydrating texture of a balm. 2-in-1, hello!
And, let me tell you, they looks so so good on during the warmer seasons. I suppose this is why it took me so long to write this feature, as I personally prefer a full-on matte finish in colder months. While now the balms look insane with that fresh glowy summer makeup, they are just that finishing touch. Plumping and radiant effect is guaranteed. The lipsticks are
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
This year to have a little celebration I’ve decided to give away three makeup products (that’d be one for the face, lips and eyes) for my readers. Keep on reading to find out what I am giving away and how to enter.
You have a chance to win:
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
As promised, here is a feature about my favourite makeup of 2018. It was supposed to be makeup and beauty but I am already almost on 1200 words so had to divide the feature into 2 parts. I’ve chosen the products that I love and used the most hence some of them may look a bit grubby but it does show that they are true favourites.
Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector (here). This is a slightly tinted primer which leaves your skin glowing and luminous. For my very dry skin it is perfect. It is a primer so barely gives any coverage but is great for adding radiance and creating that “healthy” polished look. I have used it on my wedding day, and used it up completely. Absolutely incredible! Gets big thumbs up from me.
The “foundation” I loved the most this year. A very light and moisturising one, feels light on the skin, and gives a light (to medium) coverage. According to Chanel, it contains a hyaluronic acid derivative and a complex of cotton flower and white rose plant cells. It has a relatively strong scent but I personally like it. Another thing I love about it is a chic and minimalistic tube. And SPF 15, of course.
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Lift In a Tube. Dual Ended Full Coverage Anti-Aging Concealer and Brightener (in Light). I am not sure if the name of this product could be even longer. (From Selfridges and Sephora)
Long time readers will know how I like only very light textures under my eyes hence I am such a fan of Touche Eclat (I’ve used many many tubes) and this Rouge Bunny Rouge gem. The same goes with this product, I did not use the concealer side at all. However, the Illuminator is incredible, I have almost used it up. It does not enhance the fine lines, while reflecting the light which brightens the under eye area. Just don’t expect it to cover the dark circles completely, it is not the task of this product. I wonder if this Illuminator is available individually. It seems like there is one with the same name ( It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Light).
4 theBalm Balm Desert (review).
I feel like the next two products do not need an introduction, as I’ve been talking about them non stop. I am determined to use this bronzer/blush until I am completely done with it. It sculpts and gives colour at the same time. You get definition and a healthy glow with Balm Desert. I also love the finish, it is not matte but not shimmery. Everything about it is great, including the cute cardboard packaging.
5 Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Golden Glow (review).
It’s like a healthy post-holiday glow in a bottle. A shimmery bronze which