Tag: beauty gift guide
It would make more sense to publish this feature before the affordable one but the fact is, it took me quite some time to think of the best items to include in this category because, I think, this is the category most people are interested in. So here we are, all items are under £50.
2. Viseart eyeshadow palettes, from Cult Beauty.
I like Viseart eye shadows, and there are quite a few to choose from which are under £50, the one shown is the latest release, Dark EDIT Eyeshadow Palette, £30.
3. BECCA Your Glow-To Glow Primer, Highlighter & Lip Kit, £30 from Space NK.
BECCA used to be one of my favourite brands, and while I don’t follow them that much after the company was sold to EL, I still like the good old gems from them. You get Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop, Backlight Priming Filter (15ml) and Ultimate Lipstick Love in Orchid as a part of the kit. And gotta love the festive packaging.
Skin and Body Care
After the luxury beauty gift guide, here is the opposite, the affordable option. And I’ve kept it all under £10. Most of the products I have and love, so can definitely recommend them. Only two from the list I haven’t tried but they’ve caught my attention, and I wanted to include them.
So here we go.
1. Mavala Extra Mild Nail Polish Remover, £7.86 from Amazon.
I honestly do not want to be using any other nail varnish remover after discovering this. Have used up 3 bottles already, and it’s just the best.
2. Ice Roller, £9.99 from Amazon.
I do have a pink quartz roller but nothing de-puffs the face quite like this. And it is a very nice and cooling sensation. You can see mine here.
3. Scalp Massager, from £5 from Amazon.
This is a pretty cool and inexpensive little gadget that I really enjoy using myself, and would definitely recommend. Scalp massage is one of the best things in this life, I am convinced.
4. Lanolips Rose Hand Cream Everyday, £9.99 from Cult Beauty
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
I have to admit, that I’ve never had a posh advent beauty calendar, and every year more and more brands are coming out with their version. And since this December will be absolutely mental for me, I’ve decided to browse them, and maybe get one to cheer myself up.
And, yes, all the good ones sell out in a matter of days, so you have to get them as soon as they launch, which is usually October. Let’s take a look.
This is the one for me. I am not sure I could love/want this more. Out of all luxury advent calendars, this stands out the most to me. It contains so many brands that I already love, as well as the ones I still want to try. Gimme.
The price is £195 (£600 worth) from 24th of October from Liberty London.
The products: Votary Super Seed Facial Cream 50ml, Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara 3.5g, REN Perfect Canvas 30ml, Malin + Goetz Mini Eucalyptus Deodorant 28g, Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser 30ml, Byredo Blanche Hair Perfume 30ml, LIXIRSKIN Electrogel Cleanser 50ml, Dr Sebagh Serum Repair 30ml, Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift, Surratt La Bâton Rouge in Quaintrelle, Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 50ml, Aromatherapy Associates Clear Mind Rollerball 10ml, Skin Laundry Wrinkle Release Sheet Mask, Le Labo Another 13 EDP 15ml, Diptyque Figuier Candle 70g, Susanne Kaufmann De-Stress Body Oil 30ml, QMS Hand Care 30ml, Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream 30ml, Bobbi Brown Crystal Lip Gloss, Davines Oi All-in-One Milk 50ml, Pixi Glow Tonic 100ml, Sam McKnight Cool Girl Mist 50ml, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Revitalise and Brighten Eye Dew 10ml, Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, Eve Lom Kiss Mix
Besides Liberty’s, there are quite a few other incredible offers:
Space NK £250 (worth £600) from 15th October at SpaceNK. A beauty lovers dream, the first ever advent calendar from the shop. This would be my second choice, after Liberty’s.
I mean, we are talking about: Christophe Robin – Volumizing Paste (75ml), De Mamiel – Cleansing Dew (20ml), Malin + Goetz – Dark Rum Votive (67g), Odacite – Vital Glow (5ml), Omorovizca – Queen of Hungary Mist (30ml), Oribe – Mystify Spray (50ml)
,Ouai – Wave Spray (30ml), Sunday Riley – Luna (15ml), Tata Harper – Regenerating Cleanser (50ml), Votary – Toning Serum (50ml). Just wow.
Net-a-Porter, Another debut, first
I have already posted about Jo Malone, Diptyque and Malin + Goetz candles sets, and here are more sets worth our attention.
SKANDINAVISK Jul candle set, £55 from Selfridges
These look absolutely incredible, and who would say no to the Scandinavian vibe? You get four 55 g candles. I need.
I like NEOM as a brand, and their candles are really cool, too. This Christmas they’ve prepare two scents which can be bought separately or together, as a set. Christmas Wish (mandarin, cinnamon & tonka bean) and